Persons desirous of including their names in the data bank being maintained by DPE may send their resume in the prescribed format (Download Format) to Department of Public Enterprises at the below Mentioned Address after ensuring that they fulfill the criteria laid down by the Government in this regard.
Department of Public Enterprises
Block No. 14,CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Criteria laid down by the Government for consideration as non-official Director
- (a) Criteria of Experience
- Retired Government officials with a minimum of 10 years experience at Joint Secretary level or above.
- Persons who have retired as CMD/CEOs of CPSEs and Functional Directors of the Schedule ¨Av CPSEs. The ex-Chief Executives and ex-Functional Directors of the CPSEs will not be considered for appointment as non-official Director on the Board of the CPSE from which they retire. Serving Chief Executives/Directors of CPSEs will not be eligible to be considered for appointment as non-official Directors on the Boards of any CPSEs.
- Academicians/Directors of Institutes/Heads of Department and Professors having more than 10 years teaching or research experience in the relevant domain e.g. management, finance, marketing, technology, human resources, or law.
- Professionals of repute having more than 15 years of relevant domain experience in fields relevant to the companyvs area of operation.
- Former CEOs of private companies if the company is (a) listed on the Stock Exchanges or (b) unlisted but profit making and having an annual turnover of at least Rs.250 crore.
- Persons of eminence with proven track record from Industry, Business or Agriculture or Management.
- Serving CEOs and Directors of private companies listed on the Stock Exchanges may also be considered for appointment as part-time non-official Directors on the Boards of CPSEs in exceptional circumstances.
- Criteria of Educational Qualification
Minimum graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Criteria of Age
The age band should be between 45-65 years (minimum/maximum limit) This could, however, be relaxed for eminent professionals, for reasons to be recorded, being limited to 70 years.
The non-official Directors, will not be re-appointed in the same CPSE after completing a maximum of two tenures, each tenure being for a period of three years.
- Appointment in number of CPSEs at the same time
One person will not be appointed as non-official Director on the Boards of more than three CPSEs at the same time.
- Directorship in private companies
A person being considered for appointment as non-official Director on the Board of CPSEs should not hold directorship in more than 10 private companies.
Note: The persons desirous of including their names in the Category (iv) i.e. Professionals of repute having more than 15 years of relevant domain experience in fields relevant to the companyvs area of operation should furnish additional details (2-3 pages) of their expertise/achievements in the relevant fields. For example ú Chartered /Cost Accountants, Company Secretaries, Consultants should provide list of companies (Public/Private) to which they have rendered services, affiliations with Professional and Goverment Institutions/Committees/Task Forces etc. and important assignments completed, etc. as these details would facilitate determining their eligibility.
Process of appointment of non-official Directors on the Boards of CPSEs
The proposals for appointment of non-official Directors on the Boards of CPSEs are initiated by the concerned Administrative Ministries/Departments. The selection of non-official Directors is made by the Search Committee. The present composition of the Search Committee is as under.
- Secretary (DoPT) - Chairman
- Secretary, DPE
- Secretary of the concerned Administrative Ministry/Department
- 2 non-official Members, viz. Mrs. Pratima Dayal, IAS (Retd.), Former Principal Economist, India Residence Mission, ADB and Prof. Ravichandran Narasimhan, Former Director, IIM, Indore Member and presently Professor, IIM Ahmedabad
The concerned Administrative Ministry/Department appoints the non-official Directors on the basis of recommendations of Search Committee after obtaining the approval of competent authority.The recommendation of the Department úrelated Standing Committee of Industry to the effect that if persons from the categories of Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes, OBC and women categories come forward with the laid down criteria, they should be given preference, has also been communicated to all Ministries as the proposals for appointment of non-official Directors on the Boards of CPSEs are initiated by them.Data Bank Officials